Citizens Police Academy
CITIZENS POLICE ACADEMY
Anticipated class scheduling
Class #50 begins May 25,2017 and will graduate July 20,2017.
Class #51 begins August 31,2017 and will graduate October 19,2017
Citizens Police Academy
Citizens Police Academy is an eight week course held on Thursday evenings from 6:00pm till
10:00pm and covers an array of subjects, including the training of a Fort Worth Officer. This
informative program will allow citizens the opportunity to learn more about specific areas of the
● Must be 21 years old or older
● Must not have any misdemeanor above a class C or Felonies
● Must have a form of government identification
● Must pass a background check
Applicants are encouraged to submit application two weeks prior to start of the next available
academy class to ensure class seat.
● Must meet preliminary qualifications
● Complete Application process online or print out application and scan to firstname.lastname@example.org
● Applicant will be contacted regarding their application status via email or number provided on application.
Qualified applicants will be given the next available seat based on capacity.
Location of course
● All classes will be held at the Bob Bolen Safety Complex located at 511 W Felix St, Fort Worth, Texas 76115.
● Classes are held on Thursdays from 6:00pm to 10:00pm
● Class size will be limited to 30 students per course.
Citizens Police Academy Alumni
Upon completion of the course, the student will have the opportunity to become an active CPA
Alumni and attend monthly meetings to cover additional training in related topics. Meetings are
held at the Bob Bohlen Safety Complex once a month.
CPAA Board members
President - Geri Cotten email@example.com
Vice President - Camille Drinan firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary - Carla Sutera email@example.com
North Division Director - Richard Crow firstname.lastname@example.org
East Division Director - Pat Brown email@example.com
South Division Director - Donn Elkins firstname.lastname@example.org
West Division Director - Slyvia Garza email@example.com
Central Division Director - Calvin Clayton Calvin.Clayton@fortworthtexas.gov
Citizens Police Academy (Spanish)
CPA Spanish course is the same course given in English and allows for applicants wishing to attend and participate in the program sponsored by the Fort Worth Police Department. It is an eight week course and given once a year to interested candidates. Please contact Officer Daniel Segura at 817-925-5360 or via email at Daniel.firstname.lastname@example.org